welcome to our organization
BALGRAN is a non-profit, non-government, voluantary organization, committed to the care of children. The aim & objective of the BALGRAN is to provide family home to destitute, orphaned, neglected, socially handicapped children by giving them a family, home and strong foundation for an independent and secure life. Balgran, a local dialect Dogri word, means "childrens' village". Balgran previously known as SOS Children's Village Association (Balgran) was established in the year 1975. Since then it has expanded its services for children in need at rapid pace. This organization is registered with "Registrar of Societies" J&K State, Jammu under order No.279-S of 1975 & Re- registered vide no. Dirc/JRS/279/200 Dt. 3-11-2014 with the new name.
highlights of the year 2018-19
- Power Grid Corporation organized a Health Check-up Camp in association with Super specialty Hospital Naryana, Katra.
- Annual Day function of Bal Bharti Public School was celebrated. Smt. Priya Sethi MOS Education presided over the function.
- Bharatiya Yog Sasthan organized Yoga Training Camp fromour inmates in our premises during summer vacation under guidance of Sh. Sat Paul Sharma President and his team - teachers fro Trikuta Nagar& Channi Himmat Classes
- Sh.Parvez Ahmed, Chairman and CEO of J&K Bank hoisted National Flag on Independence Day. Sh. Lalit Mahajan President, Bari Brahmana. Industries Association was Guest of Honour on the Occasion.
- Symposium/ Essay writing & Painting Competition on Topic :- Role of Birds in Forest Ecology was organized by J&K Department of Ecology,Environment and Remote Sensing.
- Sh. Vikram Randhwa, Hon'ble MLC J&K Legislative Council hoisted National Flag on Republic Day.
- Association of Central Govt. Pensioners led by Sh. S.S Wazir, President had interaction with inmates of Balgran.
- Cultural Programme was organized at Gulshan Ground J&K Police auditorium by IRP 14 Bn. 9. Prizes and cash awards were received by inmates of Balgran.
- Picnic/ Study tour of Middle and Primary Classes of Bal Bharti Public School was organized to Krimchi (Udhampur Distt.) and Environment Park, Raika, Jammu of J&K Forest Deptt. Senior Students visited Golden Temple and Jalianwala Bagh, Amritsar.