welcome to our organization
BALGRAN is a non-profit, non-government, voluantary organization, committed to the care of children. The aim & objective of the BALGRAN is to provide family home to destitute, orphaned, neglected, socially handicapped children by giving them a family, home and strong foundation for an independent and secure life. Balgran, a local dialect Dogri word, means "childrens' village". Balgran previously known as SOS Children's Village Association (Balgran) was established in the year 1975. Since then it has expanded its services for children in need at rapid pace. This organization is registered with "Registrar of Societies" J&K State, Jammu under order No.279-S of 1975 & Re-registered vide no. Dirc/JRS/279/200 Dt. 3-11-2014 with the new name.
highlights of the year
- Sh.Parvez Ahmed Chairman and CEO of J&K Bank was chief guest on Annual Day function of Bal Bharti Public School.
- Association for Welfare of Senior Citizen Celebrated World Elders Abuse Awareness Day with children of Balgran.
- Rotary Club Jammu city celebrated Annpurna Day with inmates of BALGRAN.
- Power Grid Corporation organized swachta Bharat Abhiyan.
- Ch.Lal Singh Hon’ble Minister for forests, environment & Ecology visited BALGRAN and celebrated Van-Mahotsav
- Prof. .RD Sharma V.C Jammu University hoisted National Flag on Independence Day..
- Sh. Shamsher Singh Manhas Hon’ble M.P Rajya Sabha hoisted National Flag on Republic Day.