1. Bal Bharti Public School
- BALGRAN has a school facility within its premises. The school is named as Bal Bharti public school and was setup by the management in April 2000 which was formally inaugurated by then Dy. Chief Minister of the state.
- At present, Strength of students in various classes is 186 including 92 from BALGRAN.
- Result of the school in 2015-16. :
One student secured 95.2% marks (19th position), four students got distinction in 10th class JKBOSE. Two children of 8th class got distinction.
- The school is recognized by J&K Govt. up to 10th class. The school has qualified staff and all the class rooms are furnished. Vast playgrounds have been developed for use for the children. The school provides educational facilities to the children of the village as well as from the neighbouring areas.
- The school has nursery and kindergarten facilities also. These facilities are equipped with basic toys and learning tools for children below 5 years. Apart from imparting academic education, Bal Bharti public school offers diversified exposure to the students in order to bring them up to a level of intelligent living with a flair for awareness. A computer centre has also been established within the school for imparting computer training to the children.
- The amount of tuition fee and admission fee received from outside children is being utilized for running the school on no profit no loss basis, of course with the financial support of Balgran.
2. BALGRAN Charitable Trust
- The Balgran Charitable Trust was established in the year 1999 with five trustees who are Life Members of Balgran.
- The trust takes care of Higher education of the children as well as their rehabilitation.
- It also takes care of any medical treatment of the children, if so required as also the Marriage of girl inmates.
- Besides the Chairman, it has one Treasurer, one Member Secretary and two Members from the Life Members of the Balgran.
3. Children Health Centre
- The children Health Centre is housed in a separate building with a three bedded isolation ward and is functioning smoothly. The centre is fully equipped with necessary medicines and medical equipments. It is also catering to the outside patients of the area
- A child specialist, Dr. Neelam Kohli, Deputy Director Health (Retd.) has been rendering free services. Children who are admitted in the home are medically examined and whenever required are properly immunized.
- 983 outdoor patients were examined and sample medicines if available in surplus were provided during the year 2015-16.
- A Dental Section on 1st floor of Health Centre has been set up. It is equipped with dental chair and other allied accessories Dr. VIbha Raina and Dr. Shwetha Sharma are rendering free services on all Monday and Thursday respectively. Qualified technician has been engaged to assist the doctors. Consumables required for various dental procedures are purchased from the market. It caters for our inmates and outdoor patients as well
4. Vocational Centre
- Cutting / Tailoring and embroidery centre is functional Sr. Girl inmates stitch their own clothes. Repair of clothes is also carried out in the centre. The inmates make various items such as bags, handkerchiefs aprons, sofa covers, woolen socks etc . These are exhibited in annual Police Public Mela.
- Items made by girl inmates are put on sale on various occasions .
5. Computer Centre
It was established in 2006. Existing Computer centre housing 5 desktops computers is being utilized for imparting training to girl inmates.
- New computer centre has been established. It has ten desktops. Used computers donated by M/S. Vodafone have been made functional. It is imparting training to boys inmates.
- Separate computer centers for boys and girls are functional within the premises of BALGRAN. Computer teacher is engaged to educate computer basics to new inmates and further computer training is imparted to senior inmates.